Thursday, August 9, 2007

Marathon Thursday


Hello! Isn't it a lovely day?
Today was our marathon shopping day. Every Thursday, my mom and I make the 1 hour trek to Olympia for groceries, appointments, etc. This is also the day I take piano lessons, teach piano lessons, and take swimming lessons. ;o)

Gracie (my 6 year old niece) is still staying with us, so that made the day a bit longer. "Hey Grandma, when will we get to..." "Aunt B? You will play with me when we get home right?? We'll play outside together?" Ya'll get the picture, right? ;o)

Teaching piano was so fun today. The 7 year old little boy that I teach is really fun! Today we had extra time, so he told me a short, yet interesting tale entitled, "The Experiment Gone Wrong." It was a gory boy story about several bloodthirsty rabbits living in a forest. He told me all about their unique adventures. (which all involved killing by the way.) It really was cute though, so I told him he should write it all down. "Uhm" he said thoughtfully, "I can't write very well." Trying to cheer him on I told him he would learn to write very soon. "But I'll forget my story by then!" he wailed

So, I offered to write it for him, and I am now sucked into penning the words of an imaginative 7 yr. old. ;o) Well, I need to get some sleep now. Tomorrow is another day of club, and that afternoon I am going to the Kempton's house to learn the art of canning. Mrs. Kempton is planning an all night canning party. Poses to be interesting.

~Brooke

P.S. I am learning the hymns from the hymnbook right now. This week I am playing "Be Thou My Vision." Guess what? I'm hoping to begin Fiddle lessons in the fall! As far as memorization goes, I am learning Psalm 119 this summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke!!
This is Rachel E.
I like you blog. How is Gracie?
I take piano lessons also but I don't teach them!!! lol
I hope you have a GREAT day!!
Thanks for coming by our blog.
Rachel from WNW camp:)