Friday, August 24, 2007

End of Summer Cleaning?

Guess how I have been using my freetime the last two weeks? Cleaning! Actually, I have been de-cluttering, and organizing our hallway and two attic closets. The garage is coming soon. ;o)

It has been a very, uhm, unique undertaking to say the least. So far approximately 6 large garbage bags have moved from our house to the dumpster! We now boast an organized hallway, and two semi-organized attics. My parent's attic was slightly more difficult, as mommy has 25 years worth of 'special' things stored.

Following is a list of interesting items located in our closets:

1) Mouse traps!
2) Porcelain nick-nick high heels, and one doubles as an exotic pin cushion!
3) A bag of brain teasers that my aunts have faithfully bought daddy every year for Christmas.
4)Miscellaneous papers that have no purpose.

After it was all over, my mommy gave me this really quaint old music box that looks like a cottage / water wheel. It is really cute and well made. I love it!!

And, now that all the organizing is done I get to dig into my school work. Algebra 1, History, Science, Spanish, Piano, Violin (Lord willing!), and Canning!

Well, we're supposed to be going out to dinner with my great-uncle Bruce tonight, so... it's time to go.

In Christ, Brooke

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Hello Brooke!

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog! :D That's neat that you found it through the Rebelution...

Your de-cluttering and cleaning spree sounds very rewarding! It is always good to see those trashbags piled up to go to Goodwill, and it is nice to find old treasures that have been hiding in the attic someplace. :D

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt's and myself do not contribute to your Dad's brain teaser collection (clutter). He LOVES his brain teasers, and Christmas simply wouldn't be Christmas for him if we all didn't gift these things to him. However, Daddy's clever mind tires of them once he's figured them out and shown the rest of us all their tricks, and one can only display so many of such items, so in the bag into the recesses of the attic closet they go. We cannot donate or throw away someone else's things, even if it is dear ol' dad's stuff. Besides, he 'might' want to play with them again, you never can tell. :)
Also, I will be completing my attic closet declutter and guess where most of those 'papers that have no purpose' are going to??? I have 3 children, and each and every one of those papers are a special creation of theirs from your childhoods. You just may all get them wrapped in a big red bow for Christmas!!! :) You'll be sure to alert your siblings Brooke what you and they can anticipate opening Christmas Eve. :)

Hopefully, this explanation has cleared your Aunt's and my good names. :)

Love you!!! :)