Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Clubs, Cookies, and Craziness

This week is pretty crazy because my 6 year old niece, Gracie, is staying the week with us, and I'm teaching 5-Day club all week long as well. In case any of you are wondering what a 5-Day club is, I'll give you the general description. ;o) They are taught by teens trained through Child Evangelism Fellowship, and they run for about 1 1/2 hours every day. We teach the children Bible stories, sing Bible songs, memorize scripture, hear missions stories, play review games, and witness to the children using the wordless book. We also give invitations ( to accept Christ) at the end of every Bible lesson. They are very time consuming, (lot's of planning to do) but this one is especially difficult because it is mostly toddlers. ;o) I really have to go over the preschool section, and fit the lesson to it. Gracie loves it, and says she is having a good time. I asked her to tell my blog friends something about club. She says: "If they don't trust in God, they can learn about God at club. We played Tic-Tac-Toe."

I am baking cookies for club right now, and my mommy is telling me to dry dishes. So... I must take leave of all of you. Have a jolly day! COME TO CLUB!!!

~Brooke

P.S. This Friday, I get to do an all night canning session at the Kempton's house. That should be a unique experience, as I get really sleepy nearing midnight, and I have never canned tuna (or anything) before. Saturday I'm hoping to get some swimming in up at the lake with Elizabeth Shoemaker. On the schedule for Sunday is my cousin's baby shower in Oregon, church, and Sunday night party at Endicott's house. ;o) Yup, I sure am busy this week. ;o)

No comments: