Monday, February 11, 2008

A Caucus, and A Tea Party

Saturday was a jolly day. We went to the Mason County Republican Caucus, and afterwards some dear friends of ours, the Shoemaker's, came over for tea. What a delightful time! Elizabeth and I dressed up in crazy outfits, and everyone spoke with an english accent. The accent was actually fairly easy to keep up for the duration of the tea party. ;o) We all ended up staying together until 6:45 PM!! I must admit, that Elizabeth and I dashed up stairs, and came down attired to play in the snow though. Henceforth the late hour at which we parted. ;o) High tea truly is better than low tea. There is more to do. Have you ever tried eating a croissant sandwich elegantly?? How about eating a cookie with a fork? DO NOT attempt the latter, as you will inevitably wind up with your cookie on the floor in several pieces. ;o)


Aerial view of the tea table
Close-up of the tea table
Mrs. Shoe, Booey, Me & Mother
Me, Elizabeth
Mrs. Shoemaker, & Mother
That's all folks! Come again soon...

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Looks like you had fun.

Katie said...

I went caucusing too. :) But, alas, no tea! :)

Joanna said...

Hey That looks like a lot of fun!! Im sorry I dont get on bloggin' much...

Yep I am going to India as a medical missionary!! :D I have NO IDEA what missions group to go with yet. But I figure God will let me know whenever Hes ready! :D

Wow, I didnt know that Ruth had a concert so close to your home!!!

Yeah, I'll be home around June 6th! We should get together during the summer!!!