Friday, February 22, 2008

MEMORY LOSS - Part One of a Two Part Series

Tip of the Week: If you have aging parents, you might want to check into memory loss supplements.



Okay, from these pictures, you can ascertain that my parents are not necessarily ancient, I must admit. But, they are advanced enough in age to really need myself and my older brother and sister's memory. Mom, my sister Leigha and niece Gracie, and I are planning on attending the wedding ceremony of Joe Hageman and Kelly Fagerness tomorrow afternoon. So of course, this past week has been spent discussing such interesting details as: "What are we wearing?", "What time should we leave", and most importantly, "Oops! We forgot to get them a present!! What should we get??" Decisions, decisions... and through it all, poor mother has confusedly asked:"Wedding?? What wedding?" To which I constantly remind her that we're going to Joe and Kelly's wedding. This is followed up by, "What time? Oh, I can't remember where I put the invitation!" Just tonight mom was talking to Leigha on the 'phone and Leigha said something about seeing us tomorrow; to which mom replied, "Tomorrow?? What are we doing tomorrow?"

As you can see from this interesting soliloquy, we have good times at our house. With fairness, and all due respect, my mother does remember a remarkable amount of things. It is just these rare times that give us cause to wonder...

And, along the lines of fairness, I will be posting a short story on my father as soon as material is provided. Which shouldn't take long, and that's the truth. ;o)

~Farewell, I am off to get my beauty sleep for the wedding..


Disclaimer: This was not meant in any way, to hurt or wound the feelings of the involved parties thus described. My own family understands, and will know that no cruelty was meant. Be a good sport, and know the same.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

That is funny. My Dad had a very bad memory as well. I think I should buy him a Memory Scanner from "Meet The Robinsons".

Anonymous said...

Too funny. And I am constantly thinking about how much my memory fails me! Then I tell Mom "I'll see you tomorrow"... and... LOL :o)

Northwest Dweller... said...

This is a two-part comment:

RESPONSE ONE:

Hey Bethany! Your dad has a bad memory as well? It must be an age thing! What is a "Memory Scanner?" Sounds pretty nifty! Have a jolly day! ~Brooke
___________________________________
RESPONSE TWO:

Hey Leigha - My Fav. Sister! How are your dear? Like I just said to Bethany, memory loss must be an age thing. :o) How are the children? Ducky is going to look soo cute in that dress! I want to find a matching outfit for the 'lil soldier boy, now! Talk to you soon! I have lot's to tell you! Love, Brookie

Anonymous said...

:) Your fav sister... I'm your only sister, you don't have a choice in 'which' sister is your fav... :) LOL... I'm well. Kids are well and good and happy too! :) Little soldier boy is now in size 2T! Keep that in mind while looking. I too have been looking for a coordinating outfit for him to wear on Easter, I found one, but they had every size except 2T. So I'm still keeping my eyes peeled. I'll let you know asap if I get one so you guys don't keep looking and just the same if you guys could let me know asap if you get one and then I'll stop looking. :) Also, he doesn't so much need pants, he has 3 pairs of kakhi pants in 24mos and 2T, so even just a button up shirt or a shirt and sweater vest that coordinated with Gracie's dress would work wonderfully too, that's acutally what I found a couple days ago was just a button up shirt that WOULD have been perfect. But the search continues. :) Love you!

Bethany said...

I can't explain it, you'll have to watch "Meet the Robinson's."

In This World of Wonders said...

Hi Brooke!

My Mum is 44 now and I must admit that at times she does seem slighty addled.

But then (here a quote from my Mum) wait till you've had to cope with 17 years of child-rearing, sleepless nights, the wear-and-tear of married life, holding down a stressful job etc. etc. :)"We were all younger once!"
So be prepared!

We have much to look forward to!

Hannah :)