Sunday, January 27, 2008

Life is... A bed of roses!

I have to admit that maybe I am a bit obsessed with my future. I mean, I spend way too much time thinking and planning what I am going to do. Pretty much wasting precious moments that could be better invested in the here and now. And in all my plannings, I find myself fearful of what lies ahead. "Well, what if God plans something for me that I won't like?? Where am I going to go to college? I want to travel, but how would that ever be possible? What if God wants me to marry someone that I think is ugly and weird? How am I ever going to publish my books?" Sad things like that consume me. No need to feel pity, I am just a hopeless creature. Don't worry, I am seeking a psychologist for this problem. Just kidding!! It was a joke!! Okay, but seriously, one of my besetting sins is not trusting God with my future. It can be so hard!! Sometimes I feel like God is teasing me, and has a really good sense of humor. Other times It seems that I am just waiting, and God is feeding me tidbits, but witholding the big picture. So, when I found this poem today, I really liked it. It just fits. You know, Anonyomous is a very sensible and wise person...read and be amazed:
The Rosebud
by Anonymous
It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I,
The flower God opens so sweetly,
In my hands would fade and die.
If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design;
Then how can I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So I'll trust Him for His leading,
Each moment of every day;
And I'll look to Him for guidance,
Each step of the pilgrim way.
For the pathway that lies before me,
My heavenly Father knows;
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I can agree totally with you on this point. I often find myself worrying about who I will marry, etc. That poem was great.

Bethany said...

Hi Brooke,
How do you get the music to play on your blog? Is it easy? Thanks Bethany