Sunday, January 6, 2008

Can She Bake a Cream Pie? Maybe...

Okay, so I have never made a successful cream pie. The sad truth comes out. Yes I can cook without poisoning my family, and bake berry pies that are enjoyable, but I never could attain to a cream pie. It has always nettled me that my brother could make a good one, not just mediocre, but a really good one. There is something very wrong here, that a guy can make a pie, but a girl can't. SO... last night I rolled up my sleeves and attempted it once again, under the guise of 'treating' my dad to a dark chocolate cream pie. To my complete and utter disbelief, it actually worked!! Following are the pictures, forever marking this most momentous day in history.






Voila! Dark Chocolate Cream Pie! Yes, it is lopsided!! Thank you for noticing. I was hoping the background would hide that little deformity. I have never had a lopsided crust, so it is a mystery as to how this happened.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm Can I please have some?!?! My mouth is beginning to water! It looks SO delicious!! Hope you are doing well!

Bethany said...

Looks yummy. I've never made a cream pie before. You and I both like the "Amazing Grace" movie. I'm new to blogging so if you have any tips feel free to tell me.

Kathy in WA said...

Brooke- hello! Where is the recipe? You can't post a blog like that, complete with pictures, and not share the recipe.

Don't leave us hanging. :)