Sunday, September 20, 2009

Choices


I am so grateful to God for His goodness! He's so amazing and wonderful, it blows my mind. This Autumn has been so beautiful, it almost takes my breath away every time I step outside the door. The crispy cool air, and the leaves, awaken some indescribable excitement inside of me. There is so much joy and beauty in life, if we only force ourselves to see it. It lies in simple things like a beautiful song that stirs your soul and brings tears to your eyes, or in a multi colored flower. Beautiful thoughts and joy are personal choices, especially in this age of evil and horrifying circumstances. God gave me a real life example today of how we choose our emotions. Today, a friend of mine told me that he trys not to listen to the news because it's so depressing, and the state of our world is so messed up. He went on to explain that there are generations of people that aren't even living their lives because they're debilitated by the fear that they sense through the media. Instead of pursuing joy, they continue to let themselves be dragged down. So instead of focusing on the darkness, he devotes his time to improving his mind and playing / creating beautiful music. It's a choice that he makes every day, a choice that all of us need to make. Life is so full of small choices that we don't give much thought to, but they end up affecting our lives forever. Choices affect not only our generation, but the lives of generations to come. I want so desperately for people to see Christ in me, and to live my life totally devoted to Him. It's like a hunger, and there's so much to do that I can never satisfy it. There's so many dreams and desires that I have, but I really just want to love God and seek joy and beautiful thoughts. That's the choice I want to make, for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

bekah said...

Good post!!

Hey, I was able to listen to some of your playlist. I recognized "Love is not a Fight" from the movie, Fireproof and I also recognized "10,000 Miles". I love "10,000 Miles"- so melancoly!:) I heard it on the movie "Fly Away Home".

Got my letter?

Tori said...

This is a really thought provoking post. Thank you for sharing!

Just wanted to say thanks for following my blog--it is a real encouragement! Have a great weekend!
♥ Tori