Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Springtime and Brooke Return to the Blog..

Isn't that hilarious that back in February I apologized for "not having written in a LONG time" when it had only been 3 weeks between posts?? I mean, come on!! It has been almost 6 MONTHS since I last wrote! :D But seriously, if you all are sad about the long silence, you should really feel pain for my dear pen-pal Rebekah. She has patiently waited for an un-countable number of months for a letter. And it is finally being written and sent as well.

There's just something about Spring time that breathes hope and life into everything. It charges one with energy, and makes you want to press forward and finish unfinished tasks that have slept all winter. This has been a busy spring, but then again, I guess that every spring is really busy! I recently started a Life Guard course at Discover Aquatics (the pool where I work), and it has been very taxing. Somewhere in all the craziness I've been trying to find the time to pick up writing again... henceforth this blog entry.

Because of my Life guard course, I am out of the house swimming, approx. 6 days a week, and two of those days I swim at our local high school pool. It's very fun, because all the senior citizens turn out for water aerobics, and I have made fast friends with several of them. After just two days of swimming with them, I have received two job offers (life guarding / teaching at that pool), and a movie on swimming like a fish. Actually, the video is coming to me next week, but you get the idea.

Well, I have to get up early tomorrow and teach, so I need to depart. But hey, maybe I'll keep up with y'all more regularly. By the way, did you notice that my blog has changed it's face a bit? The old look was so last year. :D

Have a jolly day!!

Love, Brooke

11 comments:

Bethany said...

I look forward to hearing how Spring brings you new opportunities. Good luck with the rest of your lifeguard course.

Bethany said...

BTW I like your header picture.

Elizabeth J. said...

Hello there! I'm new to your blog but decided to comment. I arrived here from Bethany's blog. I like your nature slideshow that is located on your sidebar. If you would like, feel free to drop by my blog.

~Bekah~ said...

My Dear Brooke,
Well I am known for my lack of patience, so by not writing too often, you are helping me learn a valuable life lesson. :) But just please don't stop writing altogether! :)lol Looking forward to that letter!!

Big news is, I got a harp!!!!! Just a small one, but a harp none the less. :) So excited!

Dad and I are starting to plan my graduation, which is...are you ready?...maybe you should sit down... guess?...oh I know you are really tired of waiting...love to drive you crazy...lol... a trip to PEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah! Dad told me I should start getting penpals phone numbers so we can do some detouring and meet some of them for the first time! :) I know it's a ways off, but if it does happen, it will need a lot of planning.

Which reminds me.. you still want to come for a visit? This summer? :) Fall is really pretty here too! :) We have another vehicle, and I can drive, so you and I could go together and not have to be chauffered/chaperoned. lol :):):P:P ;);) I keep thinking I should call you, but always forget. But hey- I'm serious about the visit! You are more than welcome here! Parents agree! :) You could fly into Saskatoon. :) We should plan a visit, even if we don't get to go to PEI. :) I could use the fellowship/friendship.

Well gotta scat. Love your new blog design. :) And love you more! :)
~Bekah~

~Bekah~ said...

Took the Jane Austen character quiz- I guess I am Elizabeth Bennet to the core. :) What do you think?

~Bekah~ said...

Me again, Brooke dear. :) Thought of you lots recently as I just watched Pride and Prejudice. :)

I was wondering, could you ask Lauren Torres if I could print her article " Thoughts on Singleness and Contentment" in my magazine? I just know my readers would love it!!! Or is there somewhere I can get a hold of her? Don't have e-mail, sorry. :(

LUV U! Bekah

bekah said...

So nice talking to you, my dear sweet friend! :) Got that letter written? :) Should have played my harp for you! Or piano! Oh well- next time. :)I will write Lauren. :) Love you!

bekah said...

Got your letter! :) Will write ASAP! Behind on mail a bit. The mag is taking up a lot of my time right now. :) Hugs!Bekah

lauren said...

Hey Bekah! This is Lauren :-) I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I'm hoping this will get to you somehow, since I didn't send a reply through snail mail. You are more than welcome to use my note in your magazine! I hope that the Lord will use it to bless others. As for a bio, I'm 21 years old and the oldest of 9 children. I love to read, play the piano, sew, and I'm crazy about photography. Hope this gets to you!!!!

Lauren

bekah said...

Thank you so much, Lauren!!! It won't appear until next issue, maybe later (so much to print), but I know my readers will love it. :)Thanks for the bio. I will also print your address with it. Love you! Bekah

Hey Brooke!

bekah said...

Got your letter! One on the way to you!:)