Sunday, January 31, 2010

I still love you, but facebook and I have been seeing other friends for awhile now..

Wow. That is so pathetic and just plain sad that my blog STILL had a thanksgiving background as of today, January 31. So, I am getting the skeletons out of my closet so to speak, and you are about to read the dark and horrible truth........

I have traded blogging for facebook. There, isn't that scandalous?? My defensive reasoning lies in the simple fact that, quite frankly, Facebook is instant and easy. Like Starbucks coffee, it's quick, addictive, and gives you a little pick-me-up. When one is a busy person trying to balance a full college class load and music and work, and pretend to be a helpful daughter around the house, blogging goes by the wayside, and Facebook becomes the idol of choice. It wasn't intentional. Oh no, it wasn't pre-meditated in the slightest. The change came about slowly, creeping through the hedges, slithering along the highways and byways of my mental realm until one day, the metamorphosis was complete, and instead of beauty, there emerged in it's place, a new social network.

What a sickened society, when we opt for the easy, conveniency of popular social networking as opposed to the now stable, old fashioned, and slightly outdated blog. Come to think of it, I cannot exactly recall one witty or slightly well written post on Facebook since I cruelly ignored my poor blog. Perhaps, just perhaps, there is value in the staid and well known regimentation of spilling one's thoughts out into an online journal. Then again, it could just be a larger outlet for the mind to ramble, because no person with brains actually wants to listen to these incoherent, insipid thoughts. In which case, this blog merely becomes a form of false advertising, luring the unsuspecting reader in with cute backgrounds and soft music, then delivering the full force of idiotic ramblings displayed on a silver platter. Then and only then does Facebook hold value, because it's ignorant "likes," "Hello's" and other short, sweet nothings, have more worth comparatively than an entire blog page devoted to idle chatter.

Anyway, this is my blog, I still love it, and if you are reading this I probably love you too, unless you are a creepy stalker. I shan't make any promises about regular posts, but I do give you my word of honor that never again shall you, my blog readers (if you are even still with me), have to suffer through outdated blog backgrounds. Yes, 'tis true that Facebook and I have been seeing other friends, but the return of the prodigal blogger is nigh. Until the great day when you see several new posts in a row, tootles, and have a jolly day, night, afternoon, mid-day, whatever; just make sure you are keeping the energy up, and super jolly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super funny, Brooklyn. It is so coincidental that I happened to stumble, once again, across your always humorous and interesting blog. Only you could write about the topic encased in this post and keep my attention with your hilarious terms and words. You are amusing. I pray you are growing in grace and trusting the Savior more than ever! Hope all is well with you. Drop me a note sometime. Love to hear from you. Are you still gonna come visit me this year? I would love to see you! Have a great time, whatever the hour. God bless you sister!

~ Kaylene Mikels

P.S- This song is my new favorite. I was just talking to the Christian bookstore owner about ordering one of her CD's ( JJ Heller) 2 minutes ago and then I hear her song is playing.....

Nikki said...

Once I got Facebook, I sorta gave up on blogging.. i'm trying to get back into it!

bekah said...

Oh for pity's sake!!!!! When I stop laughing I will do my best to reply to this...until then, ignore the unstoppable giggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :D:D ;P:P

I admit, I was worried about you, especially after that birthday letter never showed up!! And it is now 4 months after my b-day. (hint!! jk)


And I was tired of the thanksgiving background. :) Nice pic of you!

I miss you lots, girl, and think of you often (re-reading Pride and Prejudice and watchin the movie (1995 edition-just bought it)) makes me miss your letters more than ever. :):)

But at the same time, I understand.

As for Facebook, since I have neither e-mail or facebook or anything along that line, I don't know what it's like. :) I keep busy enough without it. I still much prefer a handwritten note over an e-mail anyways. :) My honest opinion of facebook, here it comes, is garbage it! :) Sorry! No offense intended! But you asked!!! lol :D

I am keeping well. Busy, but probably not as busy as you. :)

And I won't keep rambling any longer. :)

Love you gal,
Bekah

P.S. Do you still want my mag?

P.P.S. It is almost definite that we are flying out East this fall, to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island!! Dad and I have been looking into it. :) We'll probably only go for 2 weeks, though, and be flying, not driving. Cheaper and not so tiring. :) Envious yet?

P.P.S. I would love for you to come for a visit!! I have my license and my parent's don't mind! Even if it was only for a couple days! Seriously!!! Call me sometime!